Friday, December 7, 2012

Gongura Puvvula Pachadi

HI VIEWERS

Yes. Back to my blog after taking little gap as I was busy with my co-sister's daughter''s marriage in Hyderabad. Happy now that I am back to my blog introducing a variety recipe Gongura Puvvla Pachadi.

These flowers are rarely available in the market. The below picture of the Gongura Flowers is from my terrace garden. So I made up my mind to prepare this gongura puvvula achadi. This petals are red in colour and sour in taste and is a rich source of iron and vitamins.


Let us proceed to this delicious gogura puvvula pachdi and look at the necessary ingredients.

INGREDIENTS
  • Gongura flowers                                3 hands full
  • Red mirchi                                         4 to 5
  • Channa dal                                          1 tbsp
  • Urad dal                                            1 tbsp
  • Jeera                                                      1/4 tbsp
  • Jaggery                                                  1/4 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Onion                                                     1 finely chopped
  • Oil
POPU
  • Mustard
  • Red mirchi                                            1 teared
  • Hing                                                         pinch
 
Gogi Puvvulu
                                                     

HOW TO PREPARE
  1. Separate red petals from flowers and remove seeds.Do not use seeds.
  2. Wash red petals and keep aside.
  3. Take pan, add oil and heat it on low flame.
  4. Add channa dal, urad dal, jeera and red mirchi. Roast them and leave it to cool down.
  5. Grind the fried ingredients by adding salt into course powder.
  6. Add jaggery and run the mixey again.
  7. Finally add washed gongura petals and run back the mixey once again.
  8. Transfer the gongura flowers pachadi into a bowl.
  9. Add chopped onion.
  10. Add popu to it.

See the taste.
It goes well with garama garam rice with a dollop of ghee.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy. After I make the pachadi I will send the pic of it.- Mohini Moghe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some seeds of it. Can you help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If possible please notify me rajibsarkar0591@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete