Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Phool Makhana Roti

Hi
Phool Makhana


I am coming with super healthy breakfast ie PHOOL MAKHANA ROTI. Frankly speaking I never knew before what to make with it when I saw in super markets. One of my friend told about this.
After that, I came to know that these phool makhana are naturally organic and are harvested in stagnant wet land. No fertilizers are used. These are used a lot in North India. One can make many recipes from phool makhana like kheer, roti, curry and snack item also.

This is a traditional food and also known as LOTUS SEEDS. Due to fast life most of us changing our food habits. Always want quick recipes for busy going ones.

Today I thought of making rotis for our breakfast  and choose to mix fine powder of phool makhana.
One should have their own twists and turns in making new recipe. Its since I started posting my recipes in my blog I learned many new recipes. My sister and I keep discussing about recipes and how to prepare with mixing new ingredients.


OK Let us go to prepare.

Ingredients
  • Wheat flour                                 1 cup
  • Phool makhana                           1 cup
  • Oats                                             2 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil
How I did it   
  1. Dry roast phool makhana on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, the aroma is like pop corn when you dry roast. Let them cool.
  2. Mix oats and roasted phool makhana, make them into fine powder in a mixey.
  3. Take a wide plate, mix wheat flour, grounded oats and phool makhana powder and required salt.
  4. Add required water and make soft dough.
  5. Cover it and place aside for 10 minutes.
  6. Make them balls like for making roti.
  7. Roll them into roti in oval shape or round shape.
  8. Take a roti pan, let it heat , shallow fry them one by one both sides until specks appear.

Serve them with any curry would be tasty. I prepared karela pulusu and potlakaya pesarapappu mudda kura. This menu would be for lunch also.

My Note


You can dry roast phool makhana and kept in air tight container, whenever you want spice them up with salt , red mirchi powder and chat masala or pepper powder as a snake item with a cup of tea.
When dry roast them they became crisp and crunchy.


Nutritional Info

Low in saturated fats.
Rich in minarals.
Rich in calcium.
It regulates blood pressure.
Seeds are used in ayurvedic preparations.


                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment