Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tempered Bajji Mirchi


Hi


Taking a little gap, back to my blog and to my viewers. Today I came with the STAR of Indian cooking ie BAJJI MIRCHI or GREEN MIRCHI. With these mirchi I thought of preparing TEMPERED BAJJI MIRCHI.Very simple and easy to prepare and go well as side dish to white rice, dal,samber, roti etc along with raw onion pieces. These mirchi mainly used as spice in food. Generally we use mirchi for flavouring the dish. Indian cooking without green chillies, cannot imagine.

OK Let us go to prepare the mouth watering tempered bajji mirchi.

Ingredients
  • Fresh Bajji Mirchi
  • Mustard seeds
  • Hing
  • Cumin seeds
  • Black pepper powder
  • Turmeric powder
  • Salt
  • Mustard powder
  • Oil
  • Fresh lemon juice (option)


How I did it
  1. Wash bajji mirchi running water.
  2. Pat them wit kitchen napkin.
  3. Slit the mirchi vertically and remove the seeds and white stem. 
  4. Take kadai, add little oil, let it heat. Once oil is heat, add mustard seeds and let them pop.
  5. Then add cumin seeds, hing and turmeric powder.
  6. Add black pepper and salt. Stir well.
  7. After short time add mustard powder.
  8. Finally add slit bajji mirchi.
  9. Cover it and cook on slow flame, turn the mirchi slowly in between, so that it cook all sides equally .
  10. Cook till the skin of the mirchi becomes soft.
  11. Switch off the stove.
  12. Lastly sprinkle few drops of fresh lemon juice.

        

My Note

I have slit the bajji mirchi vertically and cut them into 4 to 5 pieces.
I thought it is easy to stir rather then big mirchi and cook nicely and coated with nice masala.
Today I have prepared beerakaya dal as main course and had them with tempered mirchi. Heaven!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice with leafy vegetable dal and rice. I made it. It's my husbands favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jayashree. When I am preparing tempered mirchi nenu ma Muralini gurthu chesukunnanu. true.

    ReplyDelete